Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting caught up

Hello, it's been a couple of days since I've written. Thursday we went to visit our accountant and our financial advisor. Not much bad news, so that was a relief. Friends of ours was supposed to be at the park today but they arrived late and we weren't sure we would see them until Friday. Mike showed up at our door and said they had made it. They have their camper here all the time for the summer and come up on weekends. So we went over there to get caught up on things and did not get back home till after 11:00. Yesterday, we went to the driving range to hit a bucket of balls. I had not been golfing in over a month. It took a little bit to get back into the "swing" of things. We then came and waited for Mike to get back from Mansfield. He had to go to a funeral viewing of an old friend. Mike and Denise are our friends that we met at our home park a couple of years ago. Mike and Rick hit it off real fast. Mike is the Fire Chief of Mansfield so they have a lot in common. We have so enjoyed there company. After Mike got back to the campground, we went to play nine holes of golf. Mike and Denise have not golfed in 2 years. We had a great time. Buddy, I hit a 58. I thought that was pretty good since it have been over a month since I played. I even hit 2 balls over the water at 2 different holes. I was thrilled at that! I did hit a couple of balls into the water also. This course is rolling hills and lots of water. It has a creek running thru plus ponds. This park gives us a discount because of the campground we are members of. $24.00 for both of us to golf and that includes the cart. Not bad. This morning we went over to visit with Mike and Denise.100_1590 This is at their camper with their 6 month old scotty, Ashley. Ashley was feeling alot better than when we saw here Thursday because on Thursday she was spayed. Today she was real spunky. We left them and had lunch and then we drove around looking at different campgrounds. Came back and fixed fried potatoes in foil on the grill with a nice steak. I am now catching up on this blog and Rick is over talking to Mike. Tomorrow we get up and go to our old church and then over to Rachel's for dinner. She is going to fix ribs on the grill. Then we will go over to Rick's folks to visit before we head back up to our camper. Our grandson won his soccer game this morning, 7-2. Way to go JT!

3 comments:

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

yeah wendy!!!! bud said way to go girl! i think he proud of his student...

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

I was my own 800th hit on my blog. Neat!!!

LaVon Baker said...

Sounds like Denise and Mike are old friends that you just met... two years ago. That's so cool. I apologize that I'm a little slow posting comments.
I'm VERY impressed at your golfing skills, Wendy!