Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The whirlwind is over for now

Here it is Tuesday, the 26th of May and we are in Indiana for the work to be done on the camper. Carriage has put us up in a hotel until the camper is done. They will probably be pulling the entire slide out to do the repairs. That way they can check it over totally to see what the damage was done by the water leak. The room is great and it has a microwave and refrigerator. And the best part is that it is right next door to Dari Queen!!! Desert every night! It will be a good time for relaxation. Rick has been on his leg more than he should have been. We got rid of just about everything except the car. Please pray that it sells quickly. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not but I am going to learn to drive the truck pulling the camper. I drive the truck all the time, just not with the camper behind me. So when we got to the campground at Carriage, Rick pulled into a parking spot and then had me pull out and go into another spot. Then he had me pull up and back it into the spot straight and correctly lined up with the utilities. I didn't do to bad. I didn't like the backing up part. I guess it will be simply pull thru spots for me. LOL!!! He said he will still do most of the driving but wants to make sure that if anything happened, I would be able to drive the camper to our destination point. So on the trip out to Colorado, I will be driving some. Sunday we had a picnic at Rick's brothers house with most of the family. It was hard saying good-by to Rachel and JT and to Rick's Dad. I think we are going to get a web cam so that we can e-mail and talk on the pc at the same time. Our daughter already has one. So our son would need to get one also. That will be neat, especially since we will be out of range for our cell phone for the summer. I do have pictures to put on but that will have to wait till we get to Colorado.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

That's something I need to do: drive pulling the Q. Peggy over at the Traveling Cardinals drives all the time. She drives in the morning and Bill drives in the afternoon.
Webcam!! I have webcam!! Get one and then we can talk on webcam/skype. It's fun!
Stay safe.