Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today was my birthday. Will not tell my age, but sometimes it just stinks getting older. I wouldn't mind so much if everything keeps on working. Actually, I do not feel older at all. What's another day? We had a Workamper meeting first thing this morning. Then on to work. But I got out of work early, not because of my birthday, but because I worked 4 days one week instead of 3 so I was able to leave early. We went out for an early dinner at Mimi's in Casa Grande. We have not eaten there before, so thought we would try it. The food was great! I had baby back ribs and the meat was falling off the bone. Yummm! Rick had a chicken and spaghetti dish that was yummy also. We were able to bring enough home for dinner again tomorrow night. The portions were big. We stopped at Walmart to pick a couple of items and actually walked out with only 2 items. Amazing!! Then home for the rest of the evening. My son called to wish me happy birthday and then he put me on speaker phone. I got a great Happy Birthday in unison from both grandsons. The youngest sang me the happy birthday song. I had a great conversation with the entire family. Pray for our daughter in law that the funding for her schooling comes thru so she will be able to teach in the fall again. She needs to update some courses for her certificate. My daughter had called me yesterday to wish me happy birthday. Talked to her and JT. He is still doing good in school and he likes it this year. Thank you Lord. Got lots of birthday wishes on Facebook and on e-mails. Had a very good day. Tomorrow is a short day at work also. Rick will be working at the golf course tomorrow. He has been helping them out getting the course ready for the overseeding and some general clean up. But he will get free golf, so it is worth it. Hope all is well. More people are coming into the park every day. We will be having a Halloween Party on the 31st. I think I have our costumes figured out, but not totally sure if it will work. Will have pictures of that. We really like the people at this park. They are so friendly. I had a lady come into the office today and she is from Canada and as she sat at my desk, she said, "You have been here before haven't you? And it wasn't working in the office." She said welcome back. And she was the one that just got here for the season. I really like the people here. Can't wait till more of them get here. Well, I have to go for now. Take care and keep on praying. Our country needs it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I haven't been on the blogs much this week. Sounds like you had a nice one!! I love going to Mimi's to eat too.