Well, today started out with a little apprehension. I was to go to the dentist this afternoon. I HATE going to the dentist. You see, I am a gagger. I just hate it, I tell you, just hate it. Do you get the message? And then my dear sister-in-law Trudy had breast cancer surgery this morning. We have been praying for her since we found out she had cancer. But she told me this lovely story and I hope she doesn't mind me repeating it. On the morning she had her appointment at the Jane Cancer Institute in Columbus OH, the weather was snowy, rainy, sleety, and dreary. In other words, a normal winter day in OH. The doctor told her that they had caught the cancer early and even though it was the aggressive form, he was optimistic that they would be able to get it all. When she came out of the doctors office, the sun was out and she saw a rainbow. She told me that the rainbow was God's way of telling her everything was going to be alright. I love that story. And you know what? It was true. She came through the surgery with flying colors. There was no cancer in the lymph nodes and she did not need to have any drainage tubes put in and they sent her home that very same night. God is so good. When I talked to my brother last night, he was so happy. I told him to give her a hug from us and to tell her that the rainbow was true. But we still need to keep her in our prayers because she will be going thru some radiation treatments. And we wish her a speedy recovery. We love you Trudy.
Now as for my dentist appointment, that was another story. I was in that dentist chair for 2 and 1/2 hours! Did I mention I hate going to the dentist? They had to prepare the tooth, which is in the very back, for a temporary crown and take impressions for the regular crown. Well, since it was so far back, they had trouble getting the impressions the way the dentist wanted it. By the time I got the temporary crown on, all of the Novocaine had worn off. I was hurting when I got home and as the night wore on. Even my legs hurt from not moving them very much as I sat in that chair. But this morning, my tooth does not hurt and I did line dancing to help my legs to feeling better. Rick is working the golf course today and will be home for lunch. And then after this, he will only be working half days on Tuesdays instead of the whole day. That will be better for him. His knee still gets swollen at times and he is in pain most of the time. The surgery was both a blessing and a curse. It took care of the tear but aggravated the arthritis. But working at the golf course gives him something to do. Sometimes it keeps him a little too busy. So that is all for now. Hope everyone is well. Love to all.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We are still rejoicing about Trudy!
Praying you are doing good and have no pain at all. If you have had pain and haven't had Rick call us, you are in trouble!!
Post a Comment