Well, I actually have downloaded some of the pictures I have taken. And I will try to tell you a little of what we have been doing and what has been going on with our lives. I want to show you the golf course that Rick works at and that we play at. This is the restaurant side of the club house. Duffers has good food and treats us golfers very well.
The most green you see in this area are the golf courses.
We have enjoyed and hated playing golf here. The hated part is when we golf very badly. And that is not the courses fault. If you get my drift. Some days are better than others. I just don’t understand how I can play so good one day and then so bad the next. Oh well, that’s the way it goes.
Next is the storm that we endured. We got more rain during this storm then they normally get during their rainy season. This pond that you will see is dry 98% of the time. By the time it quit raining, there was 5’ of water in it. The next pictures will be of the horseshoe area.
We lost this beautiful tree due to the high wind and the saturated ground. As you are driving around the area now, you see lots of green and that green is the weeds that are growing because of all the rain that has fallen this winter. Much more than they normally receive. But it beats snow no matter what you say.
I really like this next picture. But then, I am a little prejudice about the subject. And this next picture is of Rick and his girlfriend, Darlene. This lady is such a blessing to us. Darlene and her friend Lyn has a Cancer Survivor Party every year and the money they raise goes to the helping hands ladies from the park here that make things for cancer patients. She is such a sweetheart.
Every dance that we attend, she comes looking for Rick and pretends to throw out a fishing line and reel him in for a dance. Everyone gets a kick out of that. We have met so many great people here in Arizona that we will be back here again next winter. Part II to follow.



No comments:
Post a Comment