Saturday, September 11, 2010
On the move again.
The last part of August was spent on getting the rig and truck ready to roll. We left our new friends in Washington on Sept 1st. We were getting closer to our destination for the night when we heard a loud bang. I looked out my side mirror and told Rick we had a blowout on the camper. He asked if I was sure it was the camper and not the truck. I said I see things hanging down from the camper. So he pulled off the road as much as he could with the guard rail there and put on his flashers and we limped to an area where we could get off the road more. There was nothing left of the tire. But Carriage is built for such an occurrence and there wasn't a lot of visible damage to the unit. But underneath was a different story. The way the unit was built with wood and steel to prevent major damage in case of a blowout worked. So we ended up spending two nights in Montana to get 4 new tires put on. We feel better traveling now. We spent some time in Yellowstone and are now at Bryce Canyon National Park. The nights are cold but the days are in the 70's. When we get settled into our winter home in Arizona, I will post pictures of our travels. Please keep praying for safe travels for us and we will do the same to those that we know are on the road again to their winter destinations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment