Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Winding down
I have not had time to write much in the blog since I volunteered to take over the Activity Dept here at our park. It has been a very busy time and a great learning experience. I learned that I would not do this job again to save my soul! LOL!! I have had a great crew working under me and they made it bearable. I knew it would be time consuming but never imagined how much time it took. Just when you think you are done for the day, you have to show up for the event planned for that evening. But the end is drawing near. I am now in the process of leaving notes for next years lucky winner of this job. NO, I will not do it again. We have been busy making plans for the summer. The fuel prices are scaring us to death. How much do we want to spend on fuel this summer? Only time will tell. Hopefully, the prices will come back down soon. We can only pray they do. We are not sure yet when we will pull out of here and head back to Ohio. We will be spending a lot of the summer in Ohio and then over to visit my Mom in Pennsylvania. I have a family reunion in July that I promised my family I would be at. It has been a couple of years since I have been to one. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are hoping to fill the freezer with perch and walleye while we are home. We really miss the fish from Lake Erie. It is very hard to get a good dinner of fish here in Arizona. Rick was hit with what we have dubbed the "Crud". He ran a fever and was congested and coughed and coughed and coughed for about 2 1/2 weeks. Finally he got some of his strength back and was starting to feel human again. The cough still lingers on but not nearly as bad. Almost everyone in the park has had this "crud" in one form or another. Hopefully, with the warm weather coming, it will go away. It is 90 today with a cold front coming thru and taking it back into the 70's. Our life is so hard to take at times! LOL!!! We did take 3 days off and went to Parker AZ for a golf outing. We stayed at a nice hotel/casino and played at a beautiful golf course. I did take pictures and hopefully, I will get them on here soon. It was a very nice getaway and we had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment