Tuesday, March 25, 2008
March 25, 2008
Today was a hot one. We got up around 8 and started working on gettting the camper ready for travel. We have accumulated more junk and had trouble finding where we were going to put everything. We took the cover around the front of the overhang on the 5th wheel off and cleaned it and was surprised at how small it actually folded up. We cleaned the mats we had down and the chairs. I didn't wash the bicycles since they will be on the back and will get dirty anyway. We then went to Wendys for lunch and came back so Rick could rest before going over to the golf course to wash carts. He has been washing carts one day a week since we've been here so we could golf for free. Not a bad deal. Today is his last day to work. Around 4 I will go up to the pool with Bob and Liz from New Hampshire and Barb and Darrell from Texas and then we will go to Barbs for dinner. They have been such good friends that we will cherish always. It has been sad to say goodbye to all the great people we have met here. We said goodbye to Jack and Cathy a couple of nights ago and they pulled out yesterday. Les and His wife pulled out today. Just found out that Karen and Harold will be here till May 1st. Karen said that when she saw us packing it made her sad. She knows we will be leaving soon. We have been thinking alot about what the kids will get from the stuff we still have back home and need to get rid of. Rick gets upset about all the things that took us almost 35 years to accumulate and now we are just giving it away. But I have so enjoyed this first year on the road that to me its just "stuff". We have been thinking hard about the fuel prices, we use diesel. Hopefully it won't change to much how we plan on traveling. I was asked how someone can leave a post, Don, I will check on this and let you know. Will maybe talk more later or tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi you two. We are jealous that you are in shirt sleeves and we are wearing long underwear. :) hope you travel safe. We are well here and looking for the real spring...I started a blog also. I think it will is www.thezs etc..Don & Fredasvifuowu
Post a Comment