Today was very hot and humid. It got up around 86 and you could hardly breathe when you were outside. There was a breeze but it didn't help. We went and bought Josh a birthday present and then we went onto Hurlburt Field to get pictures of the airplanes that are on display at the main gate. It was sobering to walk around and read the plaques about all of the fallen soldiers from WWI up to Iraq.
I think we took about 40+ pictures.
The bushes were gorgeous and in full bloom. Not sure what they are though.
This one made us think. Do the young people of today or even the old ones for that matter realize that freedom is not free. We have young men and women who put their life on the line everyday so that you and I have the freedom to say anything we want without fear of persecution? If you have never been in the military or have not ever known someone who has been in the military, you just don't realize the sacrifices that they give.
We took this one to show the flowers again.
Rick really liked this helicopter. It was huge!!
It looks real mean. This was the most recent one that has been retired from active service.
This one hit home. It was about the failed rescue attempt of our Hostages in Iran. Rick loaded up the ammo for this mission and to see it fail was disheartening.
After this we were going to go to Wal-mart for fuel and after reading LaVon's blog we decided to go and visit Linda and Ray who are workamping in the next town over from were we are staying. Sorry LaVon, I did not get a picture of them. We talked while they were working. Linda is really having a hard time with the old equipment and program for reservations and such. They tell her it will be upgraded in a couple of weeks. She says she's not sure if she will be able to hang in there or not. She said she does not need the stress. It was good to see them and they are looking good. We stopped at Wal-mart and paid 4.099 for diesel. OUCH!!!! Then we came home and had a nice dinner. I made macaroni salad for a cookout we are having at Josh's tomorrow. Besides it being Mothers Day it is also his birthday. I will definitely get his picture tomorrow.



1 comment:
I know you enjoyed this day and were touched by the what you saw and read. We take so much for granted.
The blooming bushes look like Oleanders, but I can't be sure.
Poor Linda. I understand her frustration. So glad you got to visit with them.
Post a Comment