Last night we get a call from Josh telling us they are taking Jay to the ER because he hurt his foot jumping in his room. So this morning I called to get the update and they think it is broke in possibly two different places. They want the orthopedic department to look at the x-rays to determine for sure just how bad it is. They wrapped it with an ace bandage and then put a splint on it and wrapped it again. The doctor told Josh and Autumn not to let Jay walk on it until they see the ortho doc. Josh had to put one of his socks over the ace wrap because Jay kept pulling the wrap off. I asked Jay what happened and this is what he told me: I tried to jump from my chair to my bed and I can't do it. I hurt my foot. I went to see the doctor and he gave me a shot and he didn't hurt me. They gave him some Motrin for the pain. Autumn had asked for some Motrin to take home and Jay told the tech that he needed the orange kind. So he got his orange Motrin to take home. Here he is resting in his room.
Every time I took his picture, he told me that he wanted to see it and then to take another one. I had brought him a couple of story books from the movie cars.
He loves to make faces when you take his picture.
At the moment he is not in any pain. Or couldn't you tell! When they put a cast on, it will be a walking cast since he is so young and light weight. The doctor in the ER told them he had a boy this age and the parting words from this doctor was "Good Luck". Wonder what he meant by that? Jay is a handful and trying to keep him down will be a challenge. Today Rick changed the oil in the truck and we have gotten everything ready for us to pull out in the morning. Soon we will go back over to Josh's for pizza. I may not blog again till we get settled in Fort Myers Beach.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Jay broke his foot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So sorry to hear about Jay's foot. This will probably be the first of many mishaps!! Sure hope everything heals just fine. Hope you have a safe trip to Florida. Let us know when you get settled and where you are located.
Post a Comment