Friday, January 30, 2009
Happy Birthday Dad
Today is Rick's dad's birthday. He is 78 and doing ok. He has a few health issues but is working on them and he sounded good today. He hates the cold. Every time we talk to him, he ask us when are you headed this way. We told him not till April. They have had a very cold and snowy winter this year. That is not normal in OH. Usually you would get a cold spell or a snowy spell, but they would not last for weeks on end. Glad we are here. We don't really complain about the cold snap down here in Florida because we know what we are missing up home. Well, today we are officially residents of OH again. We had to switch back from South Dakota because of our medical insurance. It's a long story but we now have Ohio tags on our vehicles. Now we really fit in at this park. They have more Ohioans in this park than anything else. We are in the majority! I know, who cares. LOL!! I talked to my grandson last night and he is excited about his new school. This school is closer to his house. This way he is not spending hours on the bus. I hope he does well. I did get pictures of the resident pair of birds of the park. But I haven't found out what they are called yet, so when I do, I will post the picture. We had lots of rain last night and this morning, but clear skies are back. They have some of the prettiest sunsets here. They come real close to the ones in AZ. Tomorrow, I think we are going to go to Lakeland to find the Sams Club there. We talked to Mike and Denise from Mansfield OH and they were to leave today to head down here to FL. We will visit with them for a few days when they get settled. They will be in Bradenton. I think. It will be good to see them. Mike just retired as chief from the Mansfield Fire Dept. So those of you who know Rick, know that him and Mike have a lot in common. They are very good people. Well, is everyone ready for the Super Bowl? We are getting a little sick of hearing so much about it, since it is here in Tampa. But we will be watching come Sunday. Not sure who we will be rooting for yet. It was hard to root for Pittsburgh earlier. Oh well, we will still enjoy the game. Will post more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The Steelers are going to pluck every feather from the Cardinals. (evil laugh) GOOOOOOO PITTSBURGH!!!!! :)
Post a Comment