Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting the new year

On Thursday, we got together with Buddy and Shelley. They had just gotten back to Florida on New Years Eve and I new they would be wore out so I had them over for dinner. We then watched football, (What happened to Penn State?) and talked about everything under the sun. This morning after breakfast, we went for a bike ride around the park. We talked to one lady who had just came from the exercise class. I think tomorrow I will go up and exercise and then do laundry. We then needed a few items so we decided to go into Frostproof to the Family Dollar. This town is very small and we will probably be going into Avon Park to do our shopping. We then did go into Avon Park because we needed diesel fuel. We paid $2.219 for fuel and we were very pleased at that. This has been the lowest we payed in a very long time. I hope it keeps on coming down in price. On the way back we stopped in to say hi to Bud and Shelley and ended up staying till almost 7:00. We found a really nice place to eat that has good food and good prices down in Sebring. The four of us will be going back tomorrow to meet up with Jack and Cathy Montgomery who are staying in Lake Placid. That will be fun to get together with them. The nights have been a little cool here but it makes for good sleeping weather. The days have been great. I will take pictures tomorrow at dinner.

No comments: