Well, I hope everyone survived the celebration of ringing in the new year. We did. We went over to Don and LaVon's for the evening and had a great time. Met a new couple, Norm and Lori, and they are our age also and we really enjoyed meeting them. Our original plan was to ring in the new year at 10:00 our time by watching the ball fall in NYC. that way we would be home before the drunks were out on the road. But we stayed till midnight and saw a few of the drunks on our way home. Gladly we arrived home safe. The past year has been a mixture of good times and bad. It was a real tough one for Rick. We are hoping that 2010 will be a better year for us and our families. I did get a new camera for Christmas and haven't yet figured out how to hook the camera up to the computer. It seems every time I sit down to read the manual, something comes up and I get side tracked. Someday I will read it.
There is a bug going round the park and I am trying my best not to get it. Drinking an immune drink and taking lots of vitamins. And of course, using the hand sanitizer all the time whenever I cannot wash my hands. Hopefully, you have not been bitten by this bug.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. It sounded like our kids did. I did have a little mishap just before Christmas. I bit down on some popcorn and broke a tooth. I go in on Monday and have the start of a crown put on. And they found some cavities. Come to find out that dry mouth can cause cavities big time. I have sleep apnea and use a machine when I sleep and this dries out my mouth every night. Have to figure out something to help prevent the cavities. But we found a nice place to go to the dentist here that takes our insurance. Rick even went in for a check up and to get his teeth cleaned.
We have been very busy lately and realized that we have been here for 3 months and have not done any site seeing at all. So we have plans to start doing that. I think in Feb we will go to Lake Havasu City and see the London Bridge. That trip is an overnighter.
We did go to Tucson on New Years Eve day to see our friends Kelly and Ann. They are only here for a short time before they start heading back east. They have a new Montana 5th wheel that is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are great, the layout is great and they are very happy with it. We went out for lunch and had a nice visit. Just sorry they are leaving so soon. They came out for the holidays with Kelly's kids. But it was great seeing them again. Hope to run into them again real soon.
Well, that is all for now. I will put pictures up sometime, not sure when. You know how it is. Hopefully everyones new year will be a great one.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good to see you are catching up on your blog. Glad you had a good New Years and wish you guys a good 2010. We are now in Florida but it has been cool hopefully it will warm up soon. But of course better than KC weather!!
Post a Comment