Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday in Arizona

Yesterday we had dinner at Rick's Uncle Keith's' house and had a great time with them and cousins and friends. Ate to much, but don't we all on Thanksgiving. Mary and Kelly were going thru the ads to map out there strategy for Black Friday. I don't know what time they got up, but I know it would have been way to early for me! I didn't really see anything in the flyers that we wanted or needed except a new electric blanket at Penneys. It has been a long time since we bought an electric blanket. I had sticker shock when I started looking! So I found a good one for 60% off original price and I still paid a pretty penny for it. But if it lasts as long as the last one did, I will get my money's worth. So then I started looking around and of course found some really good buys on other stuff. All in all it was a good shopping trip and I didn't have to get up when it was dark out to go. Rick is at choir practice right now. He loves singing in the choir over at Sunscape RV Resort. He started there last year because Don and LaVon were over in that park. Don was the preacher. Even though he is not here this year, they were glad to have Rick back singing. We have so much to be thankful for this year. Our health is one of them that we take for granted. We had a wake up call a week ago when our 58 year old neighbor had a massive heart attack and passed away. Wow, what a shock! His wife started CPR and then Rick took over for her until the paramedics arrived. This has hit Rick hard. But the hospital said that everything had been done for him, it just wasn't meant to be. So please keep us in your prayers and please pray for Bonnie as she adjusts to being alone. And the weather here has been cold. But the sun is out and that helps. Last night I had to go out and cover my plants because of frost. It is way to early in the season for the weather to be this cold. Coldest Thanksgiving in 80 years. But we did not have snow. Well, I need to get off here now. Have to move our things from the park model to our 5th wheel. The renters will be here by the 1st weather permitting. They are coming from Canada and she said last night that they have tons of snow. Hope they leave it there! LOL! Hope everyone has a great day! Love you all.

No comments: