Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Back in OH
We left Michigan this morning and it was only 55 degrees outside. It felt like we were in fall instead of almost summer. But it did not rain on us the hole trip so that was good. We stopped for lunch in Toledo and finally made it to the park. Right after we pulled into our spot, the park screwed up again, only 30 amp instead of the 50 amp we were promised. The guy parked behind us started talking to us about the park and we found out he was from Vermilion, our home town and he retired from Ford like Rick and he used to bowl with Rick's dad. This was so neat that we sat and talked to him and his wife for quite awhile before we set up the camper. Jim and Carol Hill. I love it when things like that happen. We had so much fun in Michigan with Buddy and Shelley. We miss them already. We put our names on the list for the park for a spot for the summer of 2009. We have to rethink our traveling with the high diesel prices and this is a great park. Anyway, back in AZ Buddy gave Rick a ball marker from Michigan. So when we got up to see them, we gave them one from Ohio State and yes sir, Buddy did wear it and use it. I'm sure he put it away after we left but that's ok. He was such a good sport about it. Shelley tried to get me one from Michigan but I told her one in the family was enough. LOL We had a light dinner and I am about ready to go to bed. I will get up tomorrow and do laundry, get a hair cut, and pick up some groceries. This was the first trip for the truck after they had pulled the engine and we have to take it back for some adjustments. We noticed right away that it was louder than before and Rick kept hearing a noise like something was loose. Well, on the way home, he found a piece of trim on the back top that was about to come off and there was a bolt missing that holds the bumper bracket on and the other side bolt was only finger tight. I hate to be on the other end of the phone when Rick calls them tomorrow. But better we went on a short trip rather than heading out for good. So we do get to rest for a little bit before we go back for doctors visits. Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy. Loved hearing the good news from Les and Beverly Fisher. I have used this miracle to tell others the power of prayer. We all know the power we have when we all ask the Lord to intervene for us. We sure do miss your sermons, Don. But I do read your blog and that helps. Take care and more to follow later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment