Monday, December 22, 2008

Almost Christmas!!

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I blogged. Sorry Shelley. We have not been doing a whole lot. Enjoying the weather and playing bocce ball. Tomorrow will be the last time we play since we are leaving here next Tuesday and we only play on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And Thursday is Christmas. Last Friday Neal and Robin (we met them in AZ last winter) drove down and we had a cookout for lunch at Barbara and Darrells with Bob and Liz. Then we went to the Edison Country Club for free food and half price drinks. They even have live entertainment. We had pizza, pork tenderloin, and a pasta dish. After we were done there, we went back to our park for a free dance. We love free! A good time was had by all. Then we got to talking about meeting for breakfast the next morning before Neal and Robin left. Well, it was decided to go get breakfast now and not wait till morning. So at 11:00 at night we are eating breakfast. Oh well, I guess when you are retired, you can do what you want. It was good seeing those guys again. They will be spending Christmas with their son in Virginia. Today they called to tell us that they were on their way back to Virginia and that it was cold. It has been cool here today also. I don't think it got up to 70. But the sun is out and the sky is blue! Went out and got a turkey today for Christmas dinner. Didn't have leftovers from Thanksgiving so that is why we are having turkey for Christmas. I love leftover turkey and gravy. Yesterday we went to Michael's to find some picture frames and a bowl for our shells. Found a really neat one that is basically a half bowl. I will get a picture another time of that. Not sure how to secure it while we travel. But will figure something out. Looked at the hometown newspaper this morning and it was 7 degrees. Hope everyone is keeping warm. We sure are. LOL!!! Had to put that dig in. I'll hear about it later. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. Please pray for our country and the hard times that are coming.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yep you're gonna hear about it alright. Tomorrow is supposed to be 35 degree's. We're all excited. I kid you not it was -1 and real feel was -26 last night. Go on and brag about the warmth. Hope you get a sunburn. LOL j/k!!!

Mrs. Monty said...

The weather sounds great there. We have had a terrible cold spell and they are forecasting snow again tonight. Get me out of here!! If all goes well, we will leave here on Saturday. Wish you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope to see you in Florida soon.....