Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS

This time of year lately has been hard on us emotionally. I lost my Dad the day after Christmas a couple of years ago and I still miss him terribly. And this year, Rick lost his mother the beginning of Sept and this is the first Christmas without her. So we have been kind of down in the mouth lately. I didn't even get my tree out this year to put up. I know time has a way of healing. I was watching TV the other night and I had a real good memory of my Dad pop into my head that brought a smile to my face. We had spent Thanksgiving with my folks and the memories are priceless. A few days after leaving them is when Dad had his stroke. We will be talking to the kids and hopefully the grand kids later today and that will lift our spirits. We got a beautiful picture collage of the grand kids for Christmas. The neat thing about that is almost all of the pictures were ones that we had taken. All except of my oldest grandson standing outside in a snow storm. I want to hang that on my mirror in the kitchen. It really turned out good. Thanks kids. I will write more later today after we talk to the kids and have our dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: