Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stormy weather

This morning we got up and it was a bit breezy and the temp was 75. We did go up to meet Barb and Brian for a game of Bocce ball but it started to lightning. So that put a stop to the game. We sat up at the Activities office and got to know this couple a bit better. Then it started to rain, and rain, and pour and lightning and thunder and more rain. Then we made a run for the truck and took Barb and Brian back to their camper so they wouldn't have to walk in all this rain. In turn she gave me blueberries that she had brought with her from Nova Scotia. They have all kinds of blueberry bushes on their property. Can't wait to have the blueberry pancakes. We haven't been doing a whole lot. We got our Christmas present to each other the other day. We bought a 32" TV and boy, do we love it! I guess our eyesight was worse than we realized. Rick figured out how to keep it in place as we travel and the test will be at the end of the month when we head north. We have been enjoying this weather knowing that back home it has been cold and snowy. But guess what?! Rick just talked to our son in Mississippi and they had 2" of snow today! He couldn't believe it. I asked how the kids liked it and he said they had a blast. I'll never complain about the mid to low 50's ever again. Even the 40's doesn't sound to bad. I wandered about his weather when I saw it was 39 in New Orleans. The weather is getting stranger and stranger. We won't be doing a whole lot until Monday. Buddy and Shelley are coming down and we are going to go to the beach and just hang out and have a good time. Maybe I'll get some pictures to post then. Take care all.

No comments: