Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Very Sad News
This morning I got a call from my sister in PA. She called to tell us that my brother-in-law Charlie died in his sleep last night from a heart attack. He was in his mid 60's. They live in OH. I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers and this is the first that we have lost anyone of the siblings or spouses. What a shocker. He had no prior symptoms at all. But this type of thing runs in his family. His mom died the same way. I was able to get in touch with my sister Chris and talk to her. I am so glad that she is a christian and can rely on God to get her thru this. She has 2 grown children and a 16 year old still at home. Please keep her and her kids in your prayers. We have been kind of down all day. Only the Lord knows when it is your time. Buddy and Shelley came up today and we went to lunch. That was a bright spot in the day. They are leaving tomorrow for the frozen north for their son's wedding. Luckily they are flying and will not have to drive in the yucky weather until they get there. We have been getting all kinds of offers to workamp this summer. Our problem is we have to spend some time in OH visiting Rick's dad and getting our doctor's appts taken care of. The one we really loved was out in Washington state. But we could not get there in time. We did call them and explained what was going on and asked if they would keep us in mind for the following summer. She said they would. I can't believe how fast the time is moving by. We had the truck worked on at a local Ford garage. They replaced some fuel sensor. I don't think it corrected the problem completely. We will have to keep an eye on how it runs. It has been cold at night around here. This is a little unusual for them. We are having hard freeze warnings and we have plugged the truck in last night and tonight. I know anyone up north would love to have our 30 degree weather. They have been in the teens and single digits for so long. But that is why we are down here. The down side to our life style is that when there is an emergency back home, it is hard to get back there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That's the way I want to go: just lay down, go to sleep and wake up in Jesus's arms. We're praying for Chris and family and God's guidance for all the family.
Surprisingly, even the nights are warming up out here.
We sure love and miss you guys.(ya'll) ;-)
Post a Comment