Monday, April 20, 2009

Things upon things upon things

Well, a lot of things have been going on since we got home. Our friend Dan died Sat. night. Our prayers are with Tracy and the boys. He had lung cancer for a very long time. So he is not suffering anymore. We went to church on Sunday and was greeted with great gusto by all our old friends. It was great to be back in our home church. There was a dinner afterwards but Dad wasn't feeling very well, so we did not stay for that. Dad has been diagnosed with emphysema and has good days and bad days. So today, we went and got our car from our daughter's house and found the brakes to be bad. Rick added brake fluid and now he needs to bleed the brakes before the car can be driven. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out the time frame to go and visit my mom. Well, today I got an answer to that question. My sister called me to tell me that my Uncle Louie died. She is bringing my mom over for the funeral and I will go also and meet them there. It will be about a 4 hour drive from here. And since our car is not running very well, I will use either Rick's dads car and his brothers jeep. I will go over early and come home the same day. That way I will be able to see my mother before we head to Colorado. And also today Rick saw the family doctor so he can be sent to an orthopedic doctor to get set us for probably surgery on his knee. One thing after another. But we will survive. We always do. You just learn to deal with what is thrown at you. We might have to get to Colorado a couple weeks late. It all depends on the knee. LOL!!! And the weather is awful!!! Sat was absolutely beautiful. Today it has been rainy and cool. And there is a mention of that bad 4 letter word SNOW for tomorrow. We are ready to head back south. It was cool down there but not this bad. And now they are warming up. Oh well. I think Friday it may get up to 70. Yahoo!!! I can't wait. Well, it may take a few more days to post the pictures I want to get posted.

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Glad to hear you guys are home safe and sound. Sorry to hear about Rick's knee problems. Hope all goes well with it. Take care and keep in touch.