Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy with appointments and fun

Friday we did not do to much as previously stated. But Sat we got up and packed a couple of outfits and went back to Vermilion. I went to a baby shower for a young lady from our church. Everything was for a girl, hope she has a girl. Then the Fire Dept had a chicken dinner that was real good. So we went there and visited with the fireman and their families. We then went back to Rick's parents to spend the night. Got up on Sunday and went to church. It is so nice to see all our old friends from church and to worship with them and to listen to our pastor preach. A lot of them say they envy us with our new lifestyle even though they miss us when we are gone. We then went back to Rick's parents to change clothes and pack up again. We then drove to the mall to find a new fishing reel for Rick. After that we went to Rachel's before JT's soccer game. Rachel said we came early just so Rick could watch our old big screen TV that she now has. He said she was right. So off we go to watch soccer.100_1609 JT is the shorter one. They are warming up before the game.100_1611

Before this game his team was only beaten one time and that was by this team they are playing today. So off they go.100_1612 Luckily, it was an evening game and it was a little cooler. He was getting a bit warm running back and forth.100_1614 Talking with the other team-not really, just waiting for the play to begin again, I think. Anyway, they won 3-1 and now the other team is no longer undefeated. Way to go JT. He had some awesome blocks but everything happens so fast, I couldn't get the camera on him on time. Plus is was easier to watch him without trying to see thru the lense of the camera. After that we stopped at Jon and Rich's house to see them for a few minutes. They have been so good to us by letting us keep our trailer at there house while we are on the road. Next time we are there, I promise I will get a picture of them. Then we went home.

On the way from AZ to FL we stopped in Mississippi and saw our dear friends Jim and Donna. Well, they are up in OH now visiting family and we talked to them on Sunday. They said they would be in Port Clinton on Monday since their son lives up here. So we set up a time to get together to play golf. So Monday morning we went and played 18 holes with Jim and Donna and their son Jimmy. Again, some holes were good and some were bad. I had a 113 which I was thrilled with.100_1617

Here is Donna, with her son Jimmy in the white and Jim and Rick in the back.100_1619 The guys again getting ready to tee off.100_1620 Donna rode with me and we had a great talk. We love them to death. They are just like family. After golf, we came back and I started cleaning out the camper. Getting rid of clothes that no longer fit and are just taking up room. I got all the closets cleaned out and things are looking better. I was really tired but we went for a walk right after dinner anyway. It seems shortly after we went to bed it started raining. At least we did not get any storms. This morning we got up to the rain. I really hate the gloomy days. I miss all the sun we saw in AZ and FL. Oh well, as we say in Ohio, just wait a minute and the weather will change. Then this afternoon, I started cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and re-arranging everything. Rick's not sure if he likes the way I did it, but for now we will see if I keep it this way or go back to the way it was before.

Now for Snookie, I owe you my undying gratitude for faithfully reading my blog. The third time is the charm as they say. When we see you again, I will buy you ice cream! Hope you are feeling better. I did get a chance to read the blogs this morning. I think I am caught up for now.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I want an ice cream! I want an ice cream!!
:-))

Rachel said...

Great Pics!!! Do you have any more other than what you posted? If so please send them to me. Thanks!!! Tell Dad I love him.

Mrs. Monty said...

Great pictures. Don't you just love those grandkids's games. We have spend hours at ours and love it. Keep up your good work with your blog.