Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trip to Washington

We left sunny Arizona on a Sunday morning and it was a beautiful day. I actually drove a little bit at the beginning of this trip. Felt comfortable driving too. Here are some pictures of Arizona.100_4841 100_4845 100_4852 100_4861 We went up thru Parker and Lake Havasu City. Then we went on up to Las Vegas and spent the night just north of the city. The next morning we got up and it was 55 and we headed north. Little did we know what we were getting into.100_4901 100_4908 This was along side the road. We were concerned when the temperature started to drop.100_4913 100_4918 Snow sticking on the road signs. 100_4923 Snow sticking on the trees.100_4914 I forgot to take a picture when it read 32. 100_4926 The last time I saw a snow plow working was before we went on the road back home in Ohio. This was beginning to be a bit scary. The only good thing was that the roads were not freezing over. Besides the snow, we had sleet and rain. 100_4925 We kept looking at each other and saying “Why are we here?” This is more snow than I ever wanted to see again without watching TV. But we made it thru this and at the bottom of this mountain, we pulled in to fuel up and we went and put on long pants and got our winter coats out. We had been wearing shorts and I had sandals on. What a shock for our systems!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick & Wendy,

We enjoyed looking at your Snow pictures, and we are thankful that you have arrived at your destination safely. I am with you, when it comes to snow, I enjoy seeing it in a picture much more than seeing it in person. Have a great spring and summer! Norm & Lori