We live on whirligig row. That is, there are 3 of us in RV’s that put these kid’s whirligigs on the roofs by the air units so the birds do not make a nest in them. Our neighbors in the motor home had a huge nest with eggs in it in their back a/c unit. Another lady that has stayed here before suggested getting the whirligigs to put on top. She has done this for herself. So the neighbors bought some and they had 2 left and Jay climbed up on top of our 5th wheel and put one on each air unit. I don’t do heights and Rick cannot climb up there because of his ankle. So thank you Jay. Just above the slide you can see the whirligig. That is Jay and Betty’s RV. They work the same jobs we do and they are the nicest people. Glad they are our neighbors.
This is Dina and Art’s 5th wheel. They have worked here before and Dina was one of the gals that trained us. Another great couple. But then, most of us full timers are great people and that is why we do what we do.
And of course, this one is ours. They do make noise when the wind blows, but it is tolerable if it keeps the birds from building nests up there.
Jay has a pusher and he did not want the birds to build in the engine so he put a whirligig on the back. I will try to get a picture of the ground squirrels that are taking over this place. The state has come in and put out live traps to try to get rid of some of them. Apparently they are a protected species, I have no clue why, as there are thousands of them here. You have to be real careful walking around the course so you don’t step in one of their holes. Today the wind is blowing real hard. I worked this morning and I was surprised as to how many golfers went out to play. Real die hards. Or should I say dedicated golfers. I guess that sounds better.
Yesterday we got a walking boot for Rick to wear on his ankle. It helps him walk easier and with less pain. Hopefully, this will help in the healing process also as he will have it more immobile than if it was just wrapped. Please keep him in your prayers for a fast recovery. It is going on 4 weeks since he sprained it and he is not happy with the way it is healing. He wants to get out there and golf! We are still waiting for the warm weather to come our way. I guess once it gets here it will be real nice for the summer. Our prayers are out there for those of you who are travel. Happy trails and arrive safely at your destination. Love to all.



2 comments:
It sounds like you are getting settled into your summer location. We will keep you in our prayers that Rick's sprang heals and he will be able to get out and golf soon, weather permitting, and also that you are not bothered by the birds or squirls. Take care.
Yeah!! Wendy posted with PICTURES, even!!
I love it that y'all have made more forever friends. That will make the summer even more special.
Thanks for the prayers!! Praying for Ricks ankle to heal quickly.
Post a Comment