Thursday, June 26, 2008

JT's weekend

Tuesday afternoon we left the campground and went to Rick's folks house. His mom had gotten a pack of walleye and perch out and Rick and I cooked them up. Boy were they ever so good! We got up Wed and went to meet with Bud King, he is the guy that Rick drove truck for part time since his retirement. He reminded me of my dad and it was so neat to sit and listen to him talk. After that, Rick went to the dermotologist to check out a couple more spots. Yea, no more skin cancer! and the spot on his head is about 50% healed. He told Rick he could leave the bandage off if he wanted to. So we went shopping to kill some time before the stress test. He did real good on that and he is now done with the doctors. After the stress test, we went to Rachel's for dinner. Steak, baked potatoe and a nice salad. Real good. That night we went to Jon and Rich's and Rick worked on some wood things that go between the tires while we are parked. They are supposed to stop the swaying. It did make a difference. Well, we stayed and visited with them and talked about what is going to happen to this country. We are all scared about the future. Hope you all are too. Keep praying for a miracle. Today was my annual visit with the gyn and then a mammogram. I hate those things. They really hurt. And of course they had to go back and take 2 more pictures. After that I went to pick up JT and he will stay with us till Sunday. We went up to the pool once we got back to the campground. Just JT and me. We stayed there for a little while and then a storm started rolling in. So we went back to the camper and Rick got on the internet to check on the storm. We got some lightning but a lot of strong wind came thru. We watched the camper across from us get torn to pieces and the arms are all twisted. This is the same awning that we helped them put away during the last storm. Some people just don't get it. If you almost loose it once, put it away when you are not going to be around. What a surprise they will have whenever they get back. Oh well. Got caught up on blogs, have been away for a few days. I had 28 e-mails when we got back. Took me awhile to go thru them. Now it's almost dark and I am done for the night. Tomorrow we are supposed to pick up the truck. But not till the late afternoon. What a pain. Rick actually said that if he ever had to buy another truck, it would not be a Ford. Go figure!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Can't believe Rick won't buy another Ford!! Oh well, I guess he will just have to get a Dodge like ours. Glad to hear you all didn't get a bad storm with those nasty looking clouds.

LaVon Baker said...

Hey, the top of Don's head is 50% healed, too! The front 'basement' door fell on him the other day. I would show you, but he won't let me take a picture of it. I could sneak around and take it, but I have to live with him. On the other hand, if I was where ya'll are.... just kidding.
Gosh, we miss ya'll!
Cathy and Jack are coming to see us Monday!!!! Yeah, we can't wait!!!