Saturday, August 23, 2008
Bad news from home
Today Rick made his weekly phone call to talk to his parents. Dad said that last night they had to call the nurse in to put a cathater in Mom. Her organs are starting to shut down and she is swelling up with fluid. She is also getting very confused. All this is what they said would happen. So Rick was upset most of the day. Rightly so. We cannot do anything for her but pray. Please keep us in your prayers. Rick made phone calls to our daughter and son. He woke Josh up and we were sorry we did that. But normally he does not work on Friday nights so we assumed he would be awake. But with the storm Fay, he was up late last night checking on the weather and he is on call this weekend. I think they will get some wind and rain, but how much rain is not known. He is in the panhandle of Florida. So we have been keeping an eye on the storm also. Rick talked to Don Baker and Darrell Howard also. Darrell and Barb were on their way north to get away from the storm. But it looks like they will hit rain also. I hope this storm dies out soon. He also talked to a couple of his buddies. So that was good for him. He called my sister to see if she would find us a place to park the camper if we have to go back to OH on our trip south. We figure it would be cheaper fuel wise to just drive the truck and not be pulling the camper. So we have put into place a plan of action in case we get the final call to go home. And today I defrosted the freezer. I hate doing that. But it needs it on a regular basis. This time I let it go for to long and it took longer to do it. But that is done and I will be getting the camper ready for travel as this is our last week in New Hampshire. We have enjoyed it here but will be ready to get going again. Traveling with Bob and Liz sounds like it will be fun too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment