On Wed. we went to Manatee Park to check it out. The manatees start coming in to this park in December and usually stay until March. They had real nice walk ways and a butterfly garden. This guy startled us.
At first we startled him as much as he did us. He went off of the path and then came right back on. Not sure if he is just a black snake or if he has a certain name. That made us start looking before we walked somewhere. There is a small pier overlooking the water. And signs all over the place telling you not to feed the alligators. We were watching out for those guys too. Didn't see one. We then walked thru the butterfly area and saw all kinds of butterflies.
This one had the prettiest blue on it.
I loved seeing all the butterflies, there were some bright yellow ones, but they never landed anywhere to take their picture. This was the only manatee we saw that day.
I got to pet this one. We saw a lot of these little creatures around.
We are looking forward to going back when we can see some real manatees. On Thursday, we went down to the bocce ball court and played 3 games. I beat Rick 2 out of 3. I really like this game. I found something that I am half way good at. It started to rain so we didn't play any more. It was raining when we got up this morning and after our workout, we showered and then went to the flea market again. We figured that would be a good way to pass a rainy day. Went to lunch at Mel's Diner on Cleveland ST. That was so good. Sorry no pics of our food. I had the coconut chicken fingers with fries and cole slaw. I got 3 big pieces of chicken and it was delicious! Rick got a fish sandwich. This was the biggest fish sandwich we had ever seen. They served it on a hoagie bun. It sure filled him up and he said it was well worth the price. Good food at this place. Guess what, it is still raining. We will have chances of rain all the way thru Sunday. Like I said before, it's a good thing Rick and I like each other so much to stay cooped up for that many days. LOL!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
EEGADS THAT BLACK SNAKE GIVES ME THE GREAPS. I THINK THE ARE CALLED INDGOS. THEY ARE HARMLESS. PRETTY BUTTERFLIES.
I agree with Shelley and Cathy! No snakes for me, thank you very much. Yes, that would be me in the top of the nearest tree. Could you call the fire department please?
Post a Comment