Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We learned to play Bocce ball

Today we were out biking and stopped to watch 2 couples play bocce ball. They asked us if we played and we told them no. So we watched them play and they explained how it worked and asked us if we wanted to play. And we did. Bob was instructing me and Al was with Rick. I did real good. They were surprised at how good I did because they say the new players have a tendency to throw the ball to hard. What it is, you have a small yellow ball that is thrown down the court first. Then you try to get your 4 other balls closest to the yellow ball. It was fun. And it took up time. You see, we had just set off a bug bomb in the camper and we needed to be out for 2 hours. We seem to have sugar ants. That is what the lady at the pool said they were. I did not have any trouble with the bugs until I brought fruit home from a roadside market. I had no idea what they were, they are very small and move very fast. So we did the bug bomb and put the moth balls on the ground all around and under the camper. She said that should help keep more bugs away. I hope so. So on our return, we opened up the windows and turned on all the exhaust fans to air the place out. Then we went to get lunch. When we got back home, I had to wash all the counter tops, and anything that we forgot to cover up. After all the cleaning, we decided to go to the pool. I took the laundry down and did that while we swam. It is so relaxing and the water was just the right temperature to cool you down. After dinner we decided to go for another bike ride. I finally got a front light and we wanted to try it out. I'm not as satisfied with it as I would have liked, but people can see me. Our back lights have a lot of different settings, so when it gets dark, the flashing one is the best. The weather has been great lately. Not so humid and lots of sunshine. I'm working on my tan. That's all for now.

2 comments:

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

HEY SUGAR ANTS DONT YOU JUST LOVE FL? LOL YOU CAN ALSO BUY ONE OF THOSE HANGING WIRE BASKETS AT WALMART AND KEEP ALOT OF THAT STUFF OUT SIDE. SEE YA SOON

Mrs. Monty said...

Got caught with your blog today. Sounds like the life of Riley in Florida!! Can't wait to get there. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounded like you had a good one. Take care.