This morning it was a beautiful day, even though it was overcast. Then the sun came out. And it got hot, real hot. Above 90. We had to run to Staples to fax some paperwork back home. Then I went shopping at Beall's Outlet. You see, on Mondays you can get an extra 15% off anything in the store. I needed more summer tops. After that, we came home and I started hunting for another park for us to go to when we leave here. I found one in Frostproof, FL. Sounds like a really nice park and it is just north of Avon Park. We got our confirmation today. Then the sun went away. The clouds came in and the heavens just opened up and the downpours started. After the rain let up and the sun came back out, Rick looked out the window and this is what he saw.
The picture does not do it justice. The bottom color was a deep purple. In this next picture, you can see one of the many lakes in this park. This one is across the street from us.
And this is our campsite. We have our own palm trees.
We are nestled in between park models. We met Judy, who lives about 10 houses from us, this morning and she was telling us about the great people that congregate down at the pool. The pool is one block from our campsite. There is also a laundry at the pool. This park has 3 pools. Ours should open tomorrow. They were redoing the decking around the pool. In Nov, they have a sand sculpting competition and I can't wait to go to that. They showed some of last years on the Internet and they were awesome! I'll write more later.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Rain in Ft Myers Beach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment