Sunday, June 27, 2010

More of the trip home and Dry Falls.

We are still taking pictures on the way home. I think I took almost 300 pictures. Some were blurry and some of the light show did not turn out at all. So here are some more pics and then I will talk about Dry Falls when I get to those pictures.100_5549 100_5550 100_5557 We saw a lot of people out in boats and on jet skis. Also people being pulled on tubes and skiers. This was a very busy day on the lakes. After all, it was Saturday.100_5559 100_5561 100_5572 Don, we found this island just for you. It is now inhabited by the geese, but as you can see, we chased them off for you.100_5573 100_5574 See, we chased them off. LOL!!100_5580 This area had quite a few campers in it and a lot of trucks parked with empty boat trailers. We saw some of these flowers intertwined with the sage brush.100_5582 From a distance they look like tulips that have opened up all the way. 100_5606 Look at the weird markings on this rock. Really neat!100_5612 Ok, now I will talk about Dry Falls. This is an area that is 3.5 miles wide and 400 feet deep. Compared to Niagara Falls which is about 1 mile or so wide and only 165 feet deep. There is no water running over this falls now. Supposedly it was at the time of the ice age. Take a look.100_5617 100_5411 Just try to imagine water coming over the top edge. It would have been an awesome site!

100_5616We saw a couple of these posts just outside the visitor center. As you can imagine, no pets were allowed in the center. I thought that this was real convenient for those with pets. This guy was posing for pictures.100_5415 100_5619 They had a walkout area for viewing the Dry Falls. It was a neat little place. You can go down the road a ways and drive to a point that you were down by the water. We saw a few boats in this water below us. All in all it was a great trip and we encourage anyone who is in the are to make this trek up Rt 17 to SR 155 to Grand Coulee Dam. You will be in awe of God’s creation! Well, I think I am caught up on what has been going on with us. Hope you enjoyed this trip of pictures with us. Take care.

No comments: