Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grand Coulee Dam

On Friday we went up to see the Grand Coulee Dam. The drive was supposed to have taken around 1 hour and 45 minutes. That is according to the GPS. But the GPS does not take into account how many times you would be stopping to take pictures. Once we got up to Soap Lake, the view became prettier and prettier. I will attempt to show you some of what we saw. The dam was built during Roosevelt’s era to put as many people to work as possible because of the depression. So sit back and enjoy my pictures!100_5349 They say the ice age deposited all of these rocks in the fields.100_5353 100_5363 The water on one side and the rock cliffs on the other side.100_5375 100_5379 100_5386 100_5387 100_5396 100_5406 100_5411 This is what they call “Dry Falls”. I will tell you more about this a little later. We stopped on the way up for just a short time and then we stopped for a longer time on the way back. That’s when I will talk more about it.100_5429 100_5432 100_5440 And we still haven’t made it to the dam. We are in “God’s Country”100_5449 100_5461 OK, I think I will save this and post it after I post the rest of the pictures. Don’t want to overload the system. Be back in a jiff.

No comments: