Thursday, October 2, 2008
Fantastic Surprise in Ft Myers
Yesterday we arrived in Fort Myers Beach at the resort. Boy is it hot and humid. The locals told us in about 2-3 weeks the humidity will be mostly gone. They had about 5-6 inches of rain on Sunday and we sank quite a bit when we backed in. But we are on the dryer end of the park. This was the longest time ever for us to set up. We had to level it several times because of the wet ground. After we were done we were getting ready to fix dinner when Bob and Liz called and said some folks on their end had invited us over to meet them. So we drove over and I could tell that there was Bob and Debbie, (Darrells baby sister) there but standing behind them were Barbara and Darrell! What a great surprise. The last we heard about them, was they were working and would not be here right away. We had a great time visiting with them. Now Darrell had told me that his brother-in-law Bobby was a lot like Rick. Let me tell you, he was not lying. I think we are in for a very interesting time here. This morning we got up and ate pancakes and then we finished setting up our campsite. When we were done, we both showered and ate lunch. Liz is still looking for the resident alligator. Hope she finds him when she has her camera. Will write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Have I told you lately how jealous I am?? Well I am BIG jealous. Give the gang a big hug for me. I miss all of you and can't wait to get down there for a visit.
Ditto "queen's" comment. Except we don't get to come visit. Tell every one "HI" for us with hugs all around.
Post a Comment