Saturday, June 13, 2009

Going Back a Few Days to Get Caught Up

As I had said before, we went to Espanola, NM to see if the altitude was the problem. We then headed back to the camper to pack up and leave Colorado. That was one of the hardest things we have had to do since being on the road. We had made a commitment to John and Linda and really felt bad that we could not follow thru with that commitment. They understood totally and were very gracious. Here they are just before we left.102_3099 We had talked and e-mailed with them since this spring and after meeting them in person and getting to know them for the week we were there, these two are very special. They will always have a spot in our hearts. I feel so blessed to have had them in our lives, even for a short time. We will continue to keep in touch with them. As you can see, it was raining when we left. So some of the following shots will not be as clear as they should be. That and the fact that the roads were horrible. Very bumpy. So the blurry pics are not entirely my fault.102_3104 102_3106 I’m not sure I would want that big boulder right behind my house. 102_3108 Ominous clouds. We did see a lot of lightning off in the distance.102_3125 We saw a lot of neat rock formations.102_3126 The further south and east we got, the better the weather was. And a lot warmer. It was 41 degrees when we left CO.102_3144 Blurry but as you can see the weather was getting better. We stopped at a campground in Santa Rosa, NM for the night. We were offered a workamping job there but I did not want to work 6 days a week. So we decided to move on.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

... and I was praying you would keep traveling to Oklahoma!