Sunday, July 19, 2009

Prayers needed and a look at a Roadrunner

Saturday morning Rick tried to call his one sister to talk to his dad. Then he tried the other sister. No answer from either on. Then his sister Joyce did call him back and told him that Dad was in the hospital and they thought he had a mini stroke in the middle of the night. Rick’s dad has dementia. The doctors said that when you have this, your brain actually starts to shrink. When it shrinks, you start to have seizures. They think Dad had a seizure instead of a mini stroke. So he is in the hospital for a few days so they can run some test on him to figure out what actually is going on. We did get to talk to him this afternoon and he sounded real good. Rachel went up to visit and said he was eating real good and he looked good also. So keep him in prayer. While Rick was on the phone with his sister, I was on the phone with our dear friend Donna Lee. She is undergoing some treatment for cancer and I was calling to see how she was doing. I was outside to get better reception and while I was talking to her, a roadrunner came from behind the truck and was just standing there by the back tires. I did not have my camera! I was on the phone talking. So when I got off the phone, I rushed into the camper to get my camera and realized that Rick’s dad was in the hospital. So I stood and listened to get the idea of what was going on. So after that call was over, I picked up the camera and went in search of the roadrunner. I found him just down from us.102_3336 He seemed to be looking for it’s mate. It would stop and make a clicking noise and look around. Then it would ruffle up it’s feathers and look around and then move on. 

102_3338I just wish I could have gotten a picture when it was right in front of me. Maybe it will be back some day and I will get that close up picture. Hope so. We played cards with Don and LaVon last night and the guys took the lead, 3-2 again. Us gals are in a slump. But maybe next time. Don will going to Iowa next week, so we wish him safe travels.

This morning we got up and went to early church just down the road. After church we washed the truck. We have this tree that likes to leave little white deposits all over the truck. Then it leaves little black sticks all over it too. So after it was washed, we did not park it under the tree any more. I called my Mom today and she is doing real good. Got caught up on who all was at the family reunion and how was everyone doing. She said the summer has been great there,(PA) and it has not been too hot or wet at all. In fact, they could use some rain. I told her how hot it has been here, but that yesterday was just gorgeous!! Low humidity and just barely 90. That is quite cool considering that one day last week it had gotten to 107 over in Norman, OK. Rick has talked to his Dad today and he is doing ok. Not much going on here, just relaxing. Hope all had a great weekend.

No comments: