Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Update
We are still waiting for the end to come for Dad. He is not eating or drinking and we wonder how can he keep on going? Most of the time now, he sleeps. Very few times, he may know one of us. He seems to perk up a bit when he hears one of the great grand kids. But mostly he just exists and doesn't know what is going on around him. He has a great gal that comes in daily to bathe him. She is a sweet heart. The nurse comes every other day unless we need her. Hospice is a great organization and they go out of their way to make things as easy as possible for the family. On a lighter note, Rick and his brother, brother-in-law, and soon to be nephew in law went fishing yesterday. They came home with perch. And they were sweet enough to give them all to us. I have 8 bags of perch sitting in Rick's brothers freezer. I will bring them back to my freezer when they are completely frozen. Rick hopes to be able to go out again and get some walleye. Lake Erie is known for it's walleye. They had a great time out on the lake and it did them a world of good to get out of the house and do something fun. Rick and his brother also got to go golfing last Friday with his 2 uncles (one from PA). Rick didn't do very well, but that also got them out of the house. I guess I need to go do something to get me out of the house. Hmmmm, I have cleaned the carpet and done the laundry. Not very much fun. Maybe I will go shopping one day. Who knows. Oh well, that is the gist of our lives since we have been back to OH. Not sure when we will be heading out. Hope everyone that is traveling, travels safe. Take care and will do another update when something happens. Thank you all for your prayers. We appreciate them greatly and they are sustaining us thru this ordeal. Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for the update. We had been wondering how things were going in Ohio. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.
Post a Comment