Well, it has been hot here. Oh by the way, hope all the Dad’s had a great day. On Friday, Rick and Don went fishing with Don’s long time friend, Wayne, and they had a great time. They didn’t bring home any fish, but oh well. Rick had fun trying to get the trolling motor to do what he wanted it to. The fact that the switch was real touchy and that the wind was blowing real hard made it a little bit difficult to get used to. Apparently, he was amusing to Don and Wayne. But they had a great time and that is what matters. Meanwhile, LaVon and myself gave each other a pedicure. LaVon is amazing! I told her she could open her own shop, she was so good. I wasn’t that good, so she said that I need more practice. Which is ok with me. We have been playing cards with those guys and the girls rule most of the time, but when the guys get on a roll, they stomp us. Sunday, we went to church with Don and LaVon and then Rick and I went to Camping World in Oklahoma City. Spent more money than I should have, and didn’t get everything I needed because they were out. Then we went out for a light lunch and headed back home. Later I fixed steak, baked potatoes for dinner. My gift to Rick for Father’s Day. Today Rick helped Don run a cable line for the TV in their bedroom.
Of course, they picked the hottest day to do this. Read the outside temperature. 100 degrees!!! Then we went to the post office to pick up some mail and to Walmart looking for a plug for the outside of the camper to use for the cable they had run. I tried to get a picture of the 102 degrees it was reading but by the time I got the picture taken, it had dropped down to 101.
This one is a bit harder to read. LaVon has been staying at her Mom’s yesterday and until after she has her cataract surgery on Wed. We miss her, but not as much as Don does. Here is the happy couple.
We are loving our time with this very special couple. We are so happy they have come into our lives. We will be pretty close to them this winter and I am so glad. We are in the midst of changing our legal address to Florida. Hopefully, this will be the last time I have to do this. Trying to find someplace that has a good mail forwarding service in an area that has our medical plan was very time consuming. But we are getting things rolling. We will have to make a trip to FL at the end of July but that is ok. We will stop in MS on the way and spend the night at Josh’s house. And then on the way back, we will do the same thing. Kind of a half way point.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Doing a whole lot of nothing and still having fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yes, Wendy... you need more practice on the pedicure thing... that's a big hint to "practice" on ME!! Sure could use a foot massage right now. Makes me miss my hubby and my good friend even more. But it's been a really good time with my mom. She's an amazing lady. Thanks for saying such nice things about Don and I. You and Rick have enriched our lives so much. Such a blessing. I'm always amazed at God's goodness and blessings.
Post a Comment