Saturday, June 13, 2009

Enjoying a great day with friends

Yesterday we went over to Don and LaVon’s for some rest, catching up, and great food. The best part is, we only had to walk a few feet to get from our camper to theirs. Rick brought a couple of CD’s for them to listen to. Rick and LaVon started singing a lot of the songs, with Don and I adding our voices now and then. It was great. Then LaVon started making different things for dinner and Don put the pork chops to marinate. As the time was getting closer to eat, Don and LaVon started doing their own things. Here is LaVon cooking in the kitchen.102_3150 She was threatening me with the spatula because the first picture I got was with her mouth open. See, I didn’t print it LaVon!!! Then here is the chef doing his thing on the grill.102_3151 102_3152 He had pork chops, onions, and pineapple rings all on the grill. We sat down to a feast! Everything was good. We had never had fried okra before and LaVon’s was great. Then we decided to play spades. Rick and I had not played this game in many, many years. So I did make a few mistakes, but the girls ruled again. We beat them 2-1. They kept telling us we were sandbagging. I just couldn’t figure out why. LOL!!!  Then LaVon got a phone call saying we were in a Tornado Warning and we should be careful. We looked outside and we could see the stars above us, but off to the east we were watching the constant lightning. The bad weather had missed us and was in the eastern part of the county. Thank you Lord for keeping us safe. I was talking to my Mom to let her know where we were and she said, “You know you are in Tornado Alley, don’t you?” Yep, but we will survive. They do have a storm shelter here at the park. It does sound kind of crazy to be staying someplace that has a storm shelter. Like, are we crazy or what? Well, you have to be a bit crazy in this world today to stay sane. Everything is looking so bad for our country, that our lifestyle just may be the best for right now. Who knows what is in store for us? We just keep trusting in the Lord. That’s all we can do.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Thanks for not posting that first picture, Wendy. You're a very, very nice person.
We are so happy y'all are here!