Here are some more pictures on the camp. This is the view from the other side of the camp from us by the river. They have been renovating some of the cottages with new roofs (the green ones) and they have been putting front porches on some of them. John is also replacing the septic tanks, a little at a time.
This is the lodge. It is really neat inside. I haven’t taken pictures of the inside yet, but I will.
This is from the road. If you look to the left of the two vehicles, you will see the back of our camper. There is only one other RV here now and they just got here Friday.
Yesterday we went into Alamosa to the Walmart there. It is about 45-50 miles from us. This was a picture I took on the way into town. Thursday, we went with John and Linda to Chalma, NM. We ate at a little cafe and had buffalo burgers and then we did a little grocery shopping and then we went on to Dulce, NM to a casino. But to take this trip we had to go up over the mountains. Like we weren’t already in the mountains? We were up over 10000’ and we saw places that still had a foot of snow or more. But we also saw some Elk. They are beautiful creatures. And of course, my camera was back at the camper. But we will definitely take that route again. The scenery was breath taking. Well, I need to make breakfast so I will get off of here for now. I hope to be able to keep this up on a regular basis now that we are stationary for the next 3 months.



3 comments:
Good to hear you guys made it safe to Colorado. The pictures look beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay there. Sorry we didn't make connections with you when you came thru KC.
What a beautiful, peaceful place. I know you will be completely refreshed when we see you this fall.
your pictures are beautiful! I hope you enjoy your stay there. what does your job entail? love you guys.
Post a Comment