Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wow, a cool spell

Thank goodness, it rained this morning. It only got up to around 88 instead of 102 today. We went to church with Don and LaVon and Don was the one preaching today. We went to the Cowboy Church. It was good to hear Don's message and he really enjoyed being back in the pulpit again. LaVon and Rick led the singing and both LaVon and I forgot to take our cameras. We must be slipping. Then we went out for lunch at a place called Cheddars. Rick and I both got hamburgers and they were huge! One half pound each. But the best part was the dessert. It was a big cookie with chocolate syrup, nuts, and ice cream. Ooh, soo good! We dropped LaVon back at her mothers house, (she is staying with her so she can put the eye drops in 4 times a day after cataract surgery) and we headed back to the campers. Don to his recliner for a nap and Rick to the couch for his nap. I hope Don got his, because Rick just couldn't seem to go to sleep. Our son called us and we had a good talk with him. We have been praying that Autumn gets a teaching job for this fall. And Josh is going to go back to school on the GI bill. They seem to have a plan for their lives and we are so pleased at that. Hopefully, they will rely on God to handle things for them. After dinner, Rick went out and waxed the front cap on the camper. That is that part that gets all the bugs when we travel. It looks good now. The rest of the camper will be waxed this winter. We then took a walk around the park. We have not been able to do that because of the heat. I talked to my mother this evening also and she is doing real good. Just a very good Sunday. I hope all of you had a good day also.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

We have got to do better at remembering our cameras! :-)

Thanks again for going over today, Monday, and washing the cap of the "Q"... you have no idea how much we appreciate it. I was going to wash it, but then it got so hot and plus I am at mama's ... well, anyway, thanks a million.

We're still praying that Autumn gets that job.