It started raining last night with high winds and lots of rain. And it rained all night long. Every once in a while during the night the storms would wake me up and I would get up and check to make sure no water was coming into the camper. I have never heard it rain so hard for such a long time. Well, this morning I was awaken to the sound of heavy rain. Go figure. Just as Rick called to talk to me. He said good morning and I said what is so good about it. Where he was at the time, it was not raining. He is driving truck for the next 5 days and I really miss him a lot. This is what I woke up to this morning.
I just got a visit from Keith, the head of maintenance. He could not believe the water laying at this end of the park. He said the grading of the land is all wrong. Really??? But he said that when he was out here the last time, he was trying to get a trencher so he could put in drain tile but to no avail. And today, no outside contractor is available to come here. He told me I could park in the grass just outside the door and he would try to get some planking to put down so I could walk to the car when it is in the driveway. But he said it would not be right away because the rec center basement is flooded with sewer water and that is his first priority. I understood that. At least he stopped and talked to me. I told him that the manager needs to put some money into this end of the park and he agreed whole heartedly. OK, hopefully the rest of the day will go better.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Do we need an ark?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
bOH WENDY LOOK AT ALL THAT WATER!!WE SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT YOU HOME WITH US AT LEAST IT IS DRYER HERE. BUT IT DID RAIN ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT! I GUESS I DIDNT
THINK RICK WAS GOING TO BE GONE SO LONG.I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU. :(
You really did a lot of rain. We have had a lot here in Missouri also. I just read your blog on your trip to Put-in-Bay. Jack and I went there a couple of years ago and we loved it. Good to see your pictures of you all (Buddy, Shelley, and you all). Sounded like you all had a great time. Makes us miss all you guys. Hope to see everybody this winter sometime.
Gopher wood. That's what Noah used.
Post a Comment