Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Water, Water, and more Water

Sunday we got up and went to church. It was not raining when we left. After a real eye opening sermon telling us that the end times are just around the corner, Rick and I have felt this way for a while also, we went back to Rick's mom's and visited and changed our clothes. Rick's sister Rose was there with her granddaughter Sarah and her daughter Jessie and her little boy Kevin. Sarah now lives in southern Alabama. She has grown a foot since we last saw her. Again no camera. I asked her how long she was staying in Oh and she said for the summer. She says it is to hot in AL in the summer but she loves the winters down there. After they left, Rick went out and we weren't going to say very long, because we wanted to get some things out of our storage trailer. Well, Dad wanted to go out and pick some black raspberries and when he does this by himself, he usually gets himself into trouble. Such as, falling down or not taking his oxygen with him. So we went out and picked berries with him. I got ate up by mosquitoes. I hate them things. But we got enough berries I think added to what he got the day before for Mom to make a pie. That is what Dad wants. He loves to pick his berries. He is looking forward to the blackberries to get ripe. So then we went over to our friends house, Jon and Rich Seth, to work on the items in the trailer. They were not home when we got there, but Rich got home shortly. We took a few boxes back to the camper to go thru. Couldn't find the kitchen box I was looking for but will try again soon. The wind came up and we knew it was going to rain. Well, it started pouring. I had gone back to the trailer to lock it up and as I was inside (I forgot to pick up my glass of pop) it started to pour. It almost sounded like it was hailing but it wasn't. So I stayed inside figuring I was dryer in there than outside. I found a hat to wear and a towel to drape across my shoulders when I realized it may rain for quite some time. Well, Rick came back to the trailer with the car and got me. And Rich had come back with a huge umbrella. So we got out of the trailer and then it stopped raining. At least for now. So it was late when we got back to the camper and could see that they had had a lot of rain also. Apparently it had rained twice real hard during the day. Our campsite was flooded.100_1656 We had put the picnic table under the overhang on the camper so they could mow the day before and never moved it back.100_1657 This is our drive for our spot. Nice, huh?100_1659 Right by the door it was only squishy and not a puddle, but getting to the door was another matter. Thankfully, the couple across the street from us are seasonal and were not at there camper. We parked in their drive. So I asked Rick where the small shovel was so I could possibly dig a few trenches to have the water run to a large drain that is on the backside of our lot. He got it out and started trenching. The people beside us were there and they said that this lot always floods when we have  a lot of rain. We told the security guard to send an e-mail to the manager that we would be in her office first thing Monday morning to talk about this water problem.  So we got up Monday and went up to the office. She told us that she would have the head of maintenance come out to look. And he did look at it. He didn't do anything about it but he did look. Then some good things started happening. Buddy and Shelley Wright showed up to visit us for a couple of days. More on that later.

No comments: