Tuesday, April 1, 2008

First day out

Well, we left Quail Run RV Resort this morning and drove to Deming NM. We will be looking at the weather to determine if we stay here for a few days or get on the road. The neighbor said the wind is supposed to pick up quite a bit. We drove in wind today and that was not fun. Hey LaVon, we got on the road at 11:11. That number again. I slept some on the trip and did feel better after being sick for a few days. Shelley said my color was much better tonight. I actually ate regular food for dinner, but not a hole lot of it. We cried when we filled the tank with diesel. 3.879 per gallon. Ouch!!! Cleaned out the water tank from the Arizona salt water. Our anode rod in the water heater was down to nothing. Rick flushed the heater and put in a new one. Traveling with Buddy and Shelley is fun. We both have Verizon so we can call each other without charge. It was hard to say goodbye to the new friends we made. Hopefully we can see them all again sometime in the future. Bob stood by the gate and took our picture as we were leaving. I'm sure it's on their blog tonight. I will check.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Freaky. I did it again last night, too. Looked at the clock at 11:11 just before it went to 11:12.

Ya'll, the wind today was NUTS! Be careful!