Monday, April 7, 2008
Mississippi
We arrived in Mississippi and the humidity is taking getting used to. We went out to play golf today with our friend Jim. I actually did better on the back nine which is unusuall for me. Buddy, you would be so proud of me. I actually have been hitting it the way you told me to and it has been working. I took 9 strokes off the back nine from the front. I was thrilled. It has been great seeing our old friends Jim and Donna Lee. It seems like we have not been gone we pick right up where we left off the last time we were here. They have known us for a very long time and they have known Rick since he was a little boy. Hopefully we will keep behind the weather. So far, we have not hit any rain. We are in a little park that from the street it doesn't look all that great. But we are in the back area, which is quiet and we are in the shade. But already I'm not liking the bugs. Just something to get used to. Like the humidity. Our phone service is in roam the whole time we are here. Luckily the park has free wifi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I remember Mississippi. I was there years ago in the early summer and the humidity was so heavy you could cut it with a knife. Breathing was difficult. I feel for you.
Congratulations on your golfing improvement!
Someone knew Rick as a child and they are STILL friends. WoW! Just kidding... love ya, Rick! and miss you guys.
Post a Comment