Saturday, April 5, 2008

The wind is still blowing

Well, we are finally out of Texas. What a big boring state,(Sorry Barbara). But I must admit, the eastern side of the state we did see lots of wildflowers and green, yes GREEN grass and trees. And we even smelled fresh cut grass! You just don't know how much you miss that until you don't see it for 6 months. But people were stopping along the interstate to take pictures of the flowers, even in the median and most of the people stopping had TX tags. Are they nuts? (Sorry Barbara). But we made it without anything going wrong, except high diesel prices and high winds. Oh well. We will survive. We will arrive in Gulfport MS tomorrow and get to see Jim and Donna Lee from back home. Looking forward to some great catfish dinners. I have some pictures I took today but probably won't get them on the blog today. LaVon, how do you do it? I was trying to take scenery pics but by time the camera clicked, the scenery was gone. So the next time we stopped, I got Ricks camera out. It takes faster pictures. Notice the problem is the camera and not the operator. Just don't talk to Rick about that last part. We talked to Rick's parents today and they both sounded good. Then I talked to my Mom and she sounded real good too. I talked to our daughter Rachel and Rick talked to our son Josh and that makes the entire family taken care of. We really miss Buddy and Shelley. But Rick talked to them today too. We pulled out about 8:15 this morning and they had gotten up at 8. Sorry we missed them but it was for the best. I know I would have cried having to say goodbye as we pulled out. Have fun at the River Walk in San Antonio. Wish we were there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.....Don't Mess With Texas!
Ha! ha! Hope you guys are well....seems like it has been forever already! Travel Safe!
Barb

LaVon Baker said...

I don't know, I just watch for things to take a picture of and try to get it right before we pass it or just after we pass it. Our camera is set for pretty high speed.
We are loving being in Texas. I agree about the green grass thing. We missed it! I have even admitted that I missed the humidity!
Barb's right. Now. Don't mess with our state. LOL